Josh Catalano’s Fish Boss tacos
You might be familiar with tacos but wait till you try the Fish Boss taco!
- 800g of fresh Silver Trevally (cut in small boneless pieces)
- 1/4 red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 green cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 carrot (thinly sliced into matchsticks)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 coriander (just picked leaves)
- 330ml beer (Feral Hop Hog)
- 200g plain flour
- 100g cornflour
- 1 cup plain flour (for dusting)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 chipotle chiles (from the can)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/4cup Fried Shallots
- 1/4cup Jalapeños
- 10 soft taco shells
- 4lt canola oil (for frying)
- Salt and pepper to season
- To make the slaw and all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and season with salt & pepper.
- To make the beer batter, mix the 2 flours and then whisk in the hop hog beer, until you have a smooth consistency.
- To make the Chipotle mayo, and all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend together.
- When frying your fish, make sure your oil is at 190 degrees. First dust the Trevally in the plain flour and then into the batter mix. Be careful when putting the fish into the hot oil and make sure the pieces don’t stick together.
- Cook the fish portions for 4mins. Once cooked put on some paper towel and soak up any excess oil.
- For the best results, lightly toast the taco shells in a dry pan on high heat – 1min each side, make sure not to burn.
- Place the toasted taco shells on a serving board, then top with the slaw, then the cooked fish, then the chipotle mayo, then garnish with jalapeños, fried shallots and fresh parsley.