Guy Jeffreys’ creamed garden greens
Get maximum flavour using fresh produce from your own backyard. So simple but so tasty.
Serves 6 as a side
Ingredients for creamy greens
- ½ a head of cauliflower, cut into chunks
- ½ a head broccoli, cut into chunks
- 3 rainbow chard, stems sliced, leaves torn
- 1 onion, sliced
- Glug of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Bottle of viognier
- 600ml cream
- 50g parmesan
- ½ a nutmeg, grated
- Big pinch salt
Ingredients for polonaise
- ½ a stale baguette
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- Pre heat oven to maximum.
- In a large saucepan sauté onion, rainbow chard stems and nutmeg in EVOO until translucent.
- Add cauliflower and broccoli, turn up the heat and deglaze with a glass of viognier, reduce, add the cream and salt and boil for 10 minutes.
- Now add the rainbow chard leaves, stir through and pour into a casserole dish.
- To make the polonaise, tear the baguette into little pieces.
- Mush hard boiled eggs, lemon zest and parsley into the chunky bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole and bake for 10 minutes or until polonaise is crunchy.
- Serve in the middle of the table with roast pork or chicken and the rest of the bottle of viognier.