Serves 2 – 4
Leftover roast vegetables (as many as you’ve got)
½ cup of full cream milk
1 cup grated cheese
3-4 rashers of bacon, roughly chopped
Sea salt to season
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- In a cast iron pan or oven safe skillet, fry the bacon. When it’s crispy, set aside on some paper towels and drain most of the fat from the pan.
- Add the leftover roast veggies, season with salt and over medium-high heat, lightly fry them, stirring occasionally, until just golden. Return the bacon to the pan and stir through.
- Sprinkle the cheese across the veggies and bacon and when it’s slightly melted, pour the egg mixture in. Give the pan a jiggle to make sure everything settles and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven to finish cooking, around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool in the pan for around 5 minutes then slice into wedges and serve.